The advantages of sandblasting are:
• Easy process: The process of Sand blasting is quite easy. You do require to a hire a professional since you don't know the precautions to be taken.
• Less machinery: This process just requires a compressor, a blasting pot and a nozzle. You can select the desired mixture as per the instruments used for cleaning.
• Wide applications: There are lots of applications of sand blasting in every area. Whatever be the type of industry you own, you require the help of this process to get rid of the unwanted deposits.
• Perfect cleaning: This process can be used for every material for the purpose of cleaning. Sand blasting can even be used for delicate materials, but you have to have proper knowledge of the type of materials to be used in the blast pot.
Is Sandblasting Accurate for Paint Removal?
Apart from cleaning, sandblasting can be used for (paint removal). If you do want to repaint your structure, then you have to get rid of the old paint and it can be done through the process of sandblasting.
Disadvantages of sandblasting are:
• Air-borne diseases: Because of the use of sand, the process is responsible for causing lung diseases like silicosis.
• Ventilation: The process of sand blasting should be done in a ventilated area to prevent chocking.
• Harm to naked skin: This process should not be performed in naked skin as the particles like tiny steel balls, glass powder etc. which are projected with high velocity can penetrate into your naked skin. http://www.steadblast.co.uk/our_services.html