The pros (advantages) of sand blasting process are:
• Quick removal of contaminants: This process helps in quick removal of the deposits of the contaminants on different surfaces.
• Less machinery involved: This process does not make use of complex machineries.
• Abrasive action: The materials which are used in the projection are highly abrasive and have an aggressive action on the surfaces.
• Fit for tough surfaces like concrete: The powerful action of the process can remove deposits even from tough surfaces like concrete.
The Cons of Mobile Sandblasting Are:
• Not fit for smooth surfaces: Mobile sandblasting is not fit for cleaning smooth surfaces because of the abrasives used. Rather you can make use of soda blasting which employs the similar procedure, but make use of sodium bi-carbonate.
• Abrasives: The abrasives used in the process is very rough and if used regularly for a particular surface, them it will wear away the surface.
• Use of silica: In most of the countries, sand is used as abrasive in the process which is banned because of different health hazards.
• Heat generation: The process of sand blasting includes projection of particles with high velocity, so when these material hit the surface, a lot of heat is generated which can harm the surface.
• Requires precautions: A lot of precautionary steps have to be taken in order to prevent different types of hazards like you have to cover all parts of the body that is exposed to the process. Covering up of body parts will prevent the abrasives to enter into the body. Click here